WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU
This year has proven to be a phenomenal year for Zindagi Games!
As a 2nd party studio, we are now working on our next big thing with projects ranging from mobile to next-gen console. Zindagi has been known as the top selling Move developer in the world, and we are currently leveraging our innovative technology base to create games for the next generation hardware console.
The word Zindagi means 'LIFE'. And our employees’ lives are an important part of our company focus. Good employers care about their employees at work. GREAT employers care about their employees, period. Every employee at Zindagi Games has a say, both in the games we make and how the company is run. Our philosophy is simple: treat people the way you would want to be treated.
Zindagi feels so strongly about this philosophy that we have even adopted a 9/80 work-week. This means that we will work 9 hours Monday through Thursday, a reg. 8 hours on Friday, and then take every other Friday off. This still adds up to a 40 hour work week, but by working this schedule you will find that extra day off every two weeks really allows you to have more concentrated time with family and friends.
In addition, we also offer 3 weeks a year of PTO (Personal Time Off), standard holidays, and a seasonal shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. When you add it all up, that's over 2.5 months per year that you are away from work.
Best of all, we offer excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 401k plan with matching dollars and no vesting period.
All positions are full time, on-site in Southern California. We are located in Camarillo, California; a thriving community of over 66,000 in the heart of Ventura County.
We recently moved into our own custom designed office. We've got spacious work stations, expansive ceilings with natural lighting, a fully stocked and private gym, our own mocap studio, a professional focus test room, and a pub style game room with TVs, pool tables, and more!
Situated on the Oxnard Plain, just nine miles from the Pacific Ocean, Camarillo offers an appealing mixture of rural and suburban lifestyles. With more than 300 sunny days annually, and average temperatures in the low 70's, Camarillo's climate is hard to beat.
Consistently ranked as one of the safest communities in Ventura County, Camarillo's location midway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara is ideal for families who want to take advantage of the region's amenities while living in an affordable, prospering community. Camarillo is the best place to Live, Work, and Play!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- $20,000 in Basic life insurance completely paid by Zindagi
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- 3 weeks (120 hours) of PTO to start and it increases after 5 years. You begin to accrue PTO on your first day of employment
- Every other Friday off via our 9/80 work week. This means that we will work 9 hours Monday -Thursday, then 8 hours on one Friday, and the other Friday we are off. In the end its still 40 hours per week
In addition to PTO and every other Friday off, Zindagi Games recognizes the following Company paid holidays:
- Presidents’ Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after
- Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- No Crunch - We haven't crunched on any of our titles and we don't plan to!
- Employee referral cash bonus
- Annual themed company holiday party (guest may attend)
- Multiple company and family events (Picnics, Team building events, Milestone parties, Monthly birthday celebrations, Geek appreciation days, etc…)
- Tickets to professional sporting events
- Company library of books and games
- Brand new custom designed video game studio
- Full gym onsite
MOBILE ART DIRECTOR(click to expand or collapse)
- Zindagi Games is looking for a talented and creative Art Director to join our studio and lead our mobile team in creating successful and innovative games for mobile markets.
- The Art Director, working with the project’s producer and production team, as well as technical leads, will guide us throughout the concept, development and production phases of our games. This Art Director should have a track history in mobile/social/casual games, as well as a proven sense of design in social and puzzle gaming. As an excellent communicator and artistic visionary, the Art Director defines the standards and ensures artistic vision by demonstrating a passion for art creation and a commitment to quality.
- Our studio and culture is geared towards producing the best quality games in the world in a state of the art facility and has industry leading work conditions and benefits.
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve specific visual targets
- Must have strong communication skills, a positive and professional attitude and a passion to collaborate
- Formal art education such as a BFA from an accredited art school, design school or film school
- Project management skills: ability to define and estimate tasks utilizing resource allocation and time management.
- Experience with mobile games on iOS and Android platforms, having shipped at least 2 visually stunning mobile games in the last 2 years.
- Extreme Photoshop and Illustrator proficiency
- Excellent grasp of 2d graphic design, user experience and user interface design (UX/UI)
- Working knowledge of animation techniques, scene lighting, 3d modeling etc
- Must have an understanding of the key aspects of game development including how to work effectively with the Unity and/or Unreal engine.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- 5+ years experience as a Senior or Lead Artist or equivalent experience required in the video game or related industry
- Establish a unified artistic vision, and high production values in the creation of a polished cross-platform mobile game
- Start to finish contribution from pre-production and planning of the project, preparing design documentation, conceptual drawings, reference material and storyboards, to the definition and planning of the scope of work, and through to the creation of final game assets with the art team.
- Control and establish development guidelines (style guides) for every aspect of art production: characters, environments, animations, cinematics direction, special fx
- Help to design and implement a polished user experience that is clear, user-friendly and consistent as well as appropriate for the game genre,
- Review all art assets and presentation elements destined for the shipping product through establishment of clear visual targets giving specific feedback to artists.
- Lead a team of artists to generate consistently high quality assets that fit the vision.
- Mentor and train artists on aesthetic and production skills
- Monitor schedule of deliverables and report progress to the producer
- Participate in art candidate selection and recruitment
- Provide leadership for artists in their daily work and overall career development through direct feedback on performance and timely performance reviews.
- Assist in managing art assets
MOBILE QA(click to expand or collapse)
- Work with development team to find and track down game defects.
- Accurately execute on all assigned test cases.
- Enter detailed, but concise bugs into a bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release.
- Provide qualitative feedback insight as to the playability of a title.
- Be a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude.
- Take full ownership of testing assigned areas.
- Ability to work 40 hrs a week.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Tech Savvy and technically proficient with modern mobile devices across all platforms.
- Computer literacy (hardware and software).
- Minimum 2+ years of testing experience that includes at least 1 year of online and social media integration testing.
- Attention to detail and positive personality.
- Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Driven to learn new things and take on more responsibility.
- Passion for video games and helping to create the best possible player experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERS(click to expand or collapse)
DESCRIPTIONResearch and develop novel Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms to create behaviors for non-player controlled characters. Design and implement new game mechanics for standard game controllers as well as new camera-based motion control input methods. Create and enhance camera-based character control methods. Create tools to support game designers and artists. Optimize game algorithms to run across multiple processing cores. Perform debugging to resolve visual, behavioral, and performance issues that occur during product development and are identified during product testing.
Minimum requirementsBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field + one year of experience.
CONTACT:Mail resume to: Zindagi Games, Inc., Attn: Cathy Zavala, Job ID# SE001, 251 Camarillo Ranch Road, Camarillo, CA 93012.
Job Location: Camarillo, CA 93012
Applicants must possess legal authorization to work in the United States.