WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU
This year has proven to be a phenomenal year for Zindagi Games!
As a 2nd party studio, we are now working on our next big thing with projects ranging from mobile to next-gen console. Zindagi has been known as the top selling Move developer in the world, and we are currently leveraging our innovative technology base to create games for the next generation hardware console.
The word Zindagi means 'LIFE'. And our employees’ lives are an important part of our company focus. Good employers care about their employees at work. GREAT employers care about their employees, period. Every employee at Zindagi Games has a say, both in the games we make and how the company is run. Our philosophy is simple: treat people the way you would want to be treated.
Zindagi feels so strongly about this philosophy that we have even adopted a 9/80 work-week. This means that we will work 9 hours Monday through Thursday, a reg. 8 hours on Friday, and then take every other Friday off. This still adds up to a 40 hour work week, but by working this schedule you will find that extra day off every two weeks really allows you to have more concentrated time with family and friends.
In addition, we also offer 3 weeks a year of PTO (Personal Time Off), standard holidays, and a seasonal shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. When you add it all up, that's over 2.5 months per year that you are away from work.
Best of all, we offer excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 401k plan with matching dollars and no vesting period.
All positions are full time, on-site in Southern California. We are located in Camarillo, California; a thriving community of over 66,000 in the heart of Ventura County.
We recently moved into our own custom designed office. We've got spacious work stations, expansive ceilings with natural lighting, a fully stocked and private gym, our own mocap studio, a professional focus test room, and a pub style game room with TVs, pool tables, and more!
Situated on the Oxnard Plain, just nine miles from the Pacific Ocean, Camarillo offers an appealing mixture of rural and suburban lifestyles. With more than 300 sunny days annually, and average temperatures in the low 70's, Camarillo's climate is hard to beat.
Consistently ranked as one of the safest communities in Ventura County, Camarillo's location midway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara is ideal for families who want to take advantage of the region's amenities while living in an affordable, prospering community. Camarillo is the best place to Live, Work, and Play!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- $20,000 in Basic life insurance completely paid by Zindagi
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- 3 weeks (120 hours) of PTO to start and it increases after 5 years. You begin to accrue PTO on your first day of employment
- Every other Friday off via our 9/80 work week. This means that we will work 9 hours Monday -Thursday, then 8 hours on one Friday, and the other Friday we are off. In the end its still 40 hours per week
In addition to PTO and every other Friday off, Zindagi Games recognizes the following Company paid holidays:
- Presidents’ Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after
- Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- No Crunch - We haven't crunched on any of our titles and we don't plan to!
- Employee referral cash bonus
- Annual themed company holiday party (guest may attend)
- Multiple company and family events (Picnics, Team building events, Milestone parties, Monthly birthday celebrations, Geek appreciation days, etc…)
- Tickets to professional sporting events
- Company library of books and games
- Brand new custom designed video game studio
- Full gym onsite
LEAD/SENIOR DESIGNER(click to expand or collapse)
- Must have professional game design experience on at least 1 shipped title in a leadership role
- Must have a 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Background in level building and scripting is a plus
- Demonstrate expertise with game design - gameplay, pacing, story, design principles and decision making
- Understand what it takes to receive high review scores as a AAA, top tier title
- Passionate about gaming and makes that clear every day
- Lead by setting the course and maximizing the team’s ability to accomplish goals
- A self-starter, motivates others and delivers demonstrable success with minimal supervision
- Well organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and follow through on details
- Evangelize by steering the game's vision and having all team members buy-in
- Demand collaboration and makes use of feedback from all sources
SOFTWARE ENGINEER(click to expand or collapse)
- Create clean, efficient, and well tested C/C++ code.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Flesh out, expand, and implement game designs
- Analyze, organize, and optimize code
- BS in Computer Science.
- Fluent in C/C++.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Strong problem solving skills including analytical decision making.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent 3D math skills.
- LUA knowledge is a plus.
MOBILE QA(click to expand or collapse)
- Work with development team to find and track down game defects.
- Accurately execute on all assigned test cases.
- Enter detailed, but concise bugs into a bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release.
- Provide qualitative feedback insight as to the playability of a title.
- Be a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude.
- Take full ownership of testing assigned areas.
- Ability to work 40 hrs a week.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Tech Savvy and technically proficient with modern mobile devices across all platforms.
- Computer literacy (hardware and software).
- Minimum 2+ years of testing experience that includes at least 1 year of online and social media integration testing.
- Attention to detail and positive personality.
- Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Driven to learn new things and take on more responsibility.
- Passion for video games and helping to create the best possible player experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.